Need Our Help?
Active 20-30 Club of the Redwood Empire supports Sonoma County youth serving nonprofit agencies and philanthropic efforts through hands-on volunteer opportunities and through financial grants from our Youth Benevolent Fund.
Our policies related to submission and approvals of requests are as follows:
While we will strive to make every effort to meet your request for volunteers, Redwood Empire Active 20-30 Club has a busy calendar of events. The earlier you submit your request for womanpower, the more likely we will be able to assist your organization. Volunteer requests that involve working hands on with Sonoma County youth will receive our top consideration. There are no specific due dates for womanpower requests, and they will be considered as they are submitted. We recommend submitting your request at least 8 weeks before the requested volunteer work is to take place.
FUNDING REQUESTS & DUE DATES
In order to make more informed decisions in providing funding to Sonoma County youthserving non-profit agencies, we have established three deadlines for funding requests per year. If your agency has a dire circumstance and is in need of immediate funding, please contact us and we will determine if we are able to be of assistance.
The funding deadlines are as follows:
|Application Deadline||Award Notification||Check Presentation|
|February 1st||March 15th||April|
|September 1st||October 15th||October/November|
Applications for Funding must be postmarked on or before the deadline posted to be eligible for funding during that period. The Youth Benevolent Fund committee will review applications and make recommendations to the Redwood Empire Board of Directors at the Board Meeting following the deadline. Agencies will be notified of funding status within 45 days of most recent funding deadline. Agencies that are awarded grants will be asked to attend a check presentation at an upcoming meeting of the general membership following notification.
If your agency anticipates submitting a request for funding during one of our grant periods and you would like representatives from our Youth Benevolent Fund Committee to conduct a site visit prior to considering your application for funding, please contact us and we’d be happy to set something up.
Please email your request for woman power and/or funding request to:
Please allow us sufficient time to distribute your request to our voting members.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWING FUNDING AND WOMAN POWER REQUESTS
The guidelines Redwood Empire Active 20-30 Club has set forth in making recommendations on suggestions and applications for donations and womanpower are the following:
- The donation should always, in some way, benefit youth;
- It is preferable that the benefit be to needy or disadvantaged youth;
- The beneficiaries should be residents of Sonoma County;
- There should be preference for donations to applicants having relatively lessaccess to funding from other sources;
- The donation should, either through publicity or some other means, enhance the community image of the club;
- Any monetary donation should be accompanied by donations of time and effortby membership of the club;
- Any donation in kind should, on a plaque or in some other appropriate way, identify the club as a donor;
- Donations should be preferred which will benefit large numbers of beneficiaries;
- Donations, which will be absorbed in significant part by the administrative overhead of an applicant, should be avoided.
Occasionally the Club may provide a donation to another Active 20-30 Club for purposes relating to their respective Youth Benevolent Foundation. Such donations will be exempt from the application process but are still required to follow the committee recommendation process.
You may apply by filling out our secure online YBF Form. After you have completed the form, please make sure to press the Complete and Send button at the bottom to automatically send us your information. Upon pressing Complete and Send you will be able to upload additional documents.