Service to Community Scholarship!
$500-$1500 Scholarship presented by
the active 20-30 club redwood empire #1029
The Redwood Empire Active 20-30 Club #1029 is a non-profit, 501-(c)3 charity that works within Sonoma County to provide both hands-on volunteer and financial support to non-profit agencies that serve disadvantaged children. Since the year 2000, we have donated over $230,000 to local charities. We created this scholarship award for female high school seniors residing in and attending a school in Sonoma County, who have demonstrated a strong commitment to volunteerism in our community. Scholarships are awarded based on volunteer service, exemplification of our club’s values, and financial need.
3. One page letter of recommendation from a charity organization director or person familiar with your community service work and financial need. The letter must be addressed to Redwood Empire Active 20-30 Club Scholarship Committee and include their contact information.
4. High School Transcript to date. This does not need to be an official copy.
Applicants must attach a document answering two of the following essay questions (please use 500 words maximum per question):
1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
2. Why do you want to further your education,and how will you use it to impact your community?
3. If you could lead a service project in your community what would it be and why?
4. Who inspires you and why?
5. How have you helped your community and why is community service important to you?
You may apply by filling out our secure online Scholarship Form. After you have completed the form, please make sure to press the Complete and Send button at the bottom to automatically send us your information. Upon pressing Complete and Send you will be able to upload additional documents.